Monday, November 17, 2008

My Top 10 Villians

So, I was thinking about it the other day, and decided to chronicle my favorite movie villains. Mostly because I'm curious right now what makes someone a good villain in a story. Here's the list I came up with:
  • Margaret Hamilton - The Wicked Witch (Wizard of Oz)
  • Arnold Schwarzenegger - The Terminator - The Terminator
  • Anthony Hopkins- Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs
  • David Prowse & James Earl Jones - Darth Vader - Star Wars
  • Jack Nicholson - Jack Torrance - The Shining
  • Javier Bardem - Anton - No Country For Old Men
  • (Multiple Individuals) - alien - The Alien
  • Heath Ledger - Joker - Batman
  • Keven Spacey - John Doe - Se7en
  • Antonio Salieri - Murray Abraham - Amadeus
Looking at the list, I'm still not entirely sure what makes a great villain. Each of these went to a different place for me. In general, the best villains seem to be almost a force of nature, but some of the masterful ones are simply people doing very inhuman things for human reasons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good list. Might I suggest;
Edward Norton-Aaron Stampler in Primal Fear
Heath Ledger- Joker in The Dark Knight